Buying latest Elise 220 sport

If you are new to the forum, please introduce yourself here to the community.

Buying latest Elise 220 sport

Postby dec again » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi all, Im returning to the fold after being away for about 6 years, Im currently driving BMW Z4 m sport which is coming up for re newal. I have had 2 Elises from new, both purchased from Formula one, Newcastle ( polar blue Elise S, and Chrome Orange Elise S) and used to be a member of LONE all those years ago. I am looking at getting a new Elise Sport 220 and have been invited to test drive at Hethel track and factory tour!!.. What are your views on the latest Elise models ( I should have kept my Chrome orange Elise looking back!!!!( I look forward to your views>> cheers for now. Dec
dec again
Club Member

Car Type: bmwz4msport
Car Colour: white

Re: Buying latest Elise 220 sport

Postby ad S » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 6:01 pm

Welcome back to the fold.

You will certainly notice the build quality of the newer cars compared to the earlier models. Not driven a 220 sport but it seems to be a nice power to weight ratio for the elise im sure you will enjoy it.
ad S

Car Type: Exige 350 Sport
Car Colour: Signature Orange
Mods: 2bular

Postby Lady Stonefly » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 6:36 pm

Welcome back! Can't help with the questions but keep us informed of your journey back to Lotus!
Lady Stonefly
Club Supporter

Postby Stonefly » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 7:49 am

A lot of folks say that 2-250 is the sweet spot for an Elise so I'm sure you'll really enjoy it!
What colour/options have you gone for?

Oh and welcome back to the fold :D
Stonefly
Admin

Car Type: Lotus Exige S
Car Colour: Burnt Orange
Mods: 2Bular 7x22", Pro alloy Rad & up mounted fans

Postby dec again » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:59 am

Morning guys, thanks for welcome.. Mr and mrs S.. havent seen you out n about for years!!! You still in Stockton.. Im still in Woodham near Aycliffe. I dont commute to Hartlepool anymore as I now have my own company. As far as colours go, Lotus appear to have changed the whole range, and introduced a new premium range as well as custom colour option!!> I will see the new range when I visit the factory in a few weeks time ( as per yourselves I tend not to go for subtle colours!!). Do you still all have a get together as per years ago? regards, Dec
dec again
Club Member

Car Type: bmwz4msport
Car Colour: white

Postby Stonefly » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:12 am

First Tuesday of the month for a pub meet see here, the next one is at Ponteland 04 Sept
You probably haven't seen us about as much as my commute is only 2 miles nowadays... and I don't daily the Exige anymore, its back to being for runs out on the twisties and the aforementioned pub meets.
They do suit a louder colour imo, let us know what you go for!
Stonefly
Admin

Car Type: Lotus Exige S
Car Colour: Burnt Orange
Mods: 2Bular 7x22", Pro alloy Rad & up mounted fans

Postby Mcgee9t2 » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:35 am

Hello.

Not far from me. :ladystonefly

See you around.
Mcgee9t2
Club Member

Car Type: Lotus elise s2 111s
Car Colour: Colbalt Blue

Postby KD88 » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:52 am

There was a road test of the new S in the latest edition of Absolute Lotus, the new magazine. It was very positive.
KD88
Club Member

Postby scottmcnicholas08 » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 9:51 am

Hi Dec, I have recently returned to the fold with my third Elise (a S3 Elise S). Have just completed a 1,400 mile round trip to Spa-Francorchamps for the Belgian GP and have to say that I was really impressed with the Elise as a tourer. As well as a significant amount of motorway driving, we also took the opportunity of visiting a number of local towns around Spa, with the soft top off, which was a real pleasure, demonstrating the full versatility of the Elise. Our car has the 2Bular exhaust upgrade, so certainly drew a lot of attention as we drove past the street side bars in Spa, Francorchamps and Stavelot. Amazing that a £40k Lotus can turn as many heads as a £200k McLaren or Ferrari! Only saw three Lotus cars. Two S3 Exige's (British) and a S3 Elise from Luxembourg. We also took the opportunity of driving the old extended circuit on Sunday night after the Grand Prix barricades had been removed, which was an experience in itself (they were certainly a different breed of racers back then!)

Only spend c.£200 on fuel, so not only does the Elise S have the performance and the looks, it also has reasonable economy!
scottmcnicholas08
Club Member

Car Type: Lotus Elise S
Car Colour: Alpine White

Postby KD88 » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:24 am

Can't beat real world experience, glad you're pleased with your choice Scott.
KD88
Club Member

Next

Return to Introductions